Makes 10 ( 21g each dough )
For the wrapper dough
• 100g, 3/4 cup glutinous rice flour
• 1 tsp, 3g baking powder
• 2 tbsp, 22g Rock Candy Sugar
• 100ml, 80g boiling water
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• sweetened red bean paste homemade / store-bought as you desire
For dipping and deep fry
• plain water
• white sesame seeds
• oil for frying
1) In a big bowl, add glutinous rice flour, baking powder, sugar and then pour into boiling water, use a chopsticks to quickly stir well, until the water is incorporated. add vegetable oil.
Rest for 5 minutes, and knead by hand for a few minutes until the dough is soft and smooth. Rest for a while, 10 minutes to an hour.
2) Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, about 21g each, and roll them into balls. Keep the dough balls covered with a cling film to prevent them from drying out.
3) There is a great recipe for making red bean paste or you can store-bought as you desire. http://yummyeasycooking.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/red-bean-paste-recipe.html - Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
4) With the palm of your hands, flatten the dough balls into disks and then place 1/2 tsp red bean paste in the center and gather the sides and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining wrappers and stuffing.
5) Prepare two bowls, one with plain water and the other with sesame seeds. Take one ball with one hand dip with water and another hand coat thoroughly with sesame seeds. Set aside for frying.
6) In a large wok, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat until 150C-180C. (You'll see lots of bubble around) Add sesame balls fry over medium heat until golden and puffed up, about 7 minutes and increase the heat to medium high heat and fry about further 3 minutes. It should take about 10 minutes per batch. Serve warm or cool completely. Leftovers can keep in the room temperature and use to eat them as breakfast in the next day.